About Me

My photo
Lia is a passionate flight attendant. A simple woman who appreciates and finds joy in simple things. She loves sunset, sunflowers, and books. She lives her best life with grace, gratitude, happiness, and strength. Her life has many beautiful journeys. Lia volunteers and catches up with her writing hobby when she's not flying.

On Travels and Photos

About this blog . . .

I set a goal in October 2014 to finish exploring all 50 States before my birthday in September 2015. I've traveled some of the states before I came to the US as an immigrant, and I want to continue doing it. I am very grateful to have my dream job as a Flight Attendant, and more than grateful to enjoy the travel benefits in pursuing my passion to travel.

Taking photos is a crucial part of my travels. Images are memories that last. They bring us back to places and experiences we want to remember. I will be sharing few favorite photos, and few good stuff to reconnect with them.

Thank you, to all of you who were with me on my travels.


Join me on my wonderful journey . . . . .



Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Birdcages in Delaware

  
     I saw birdcages without birds, but I love them!

     Delaware is a neighboring state of New York. They don't have an airport, so I decided to explore Delaware with Rousel on a bus trip. The two-hour one-way bus ride wasn't too comfortable but was worth it.
     We went to Wilmington and spent the day at Riverfront Park - a unique and charming place to visit. I call this place a haven of birdcages. Each birdcage has its name and character. They bring more beauty to the park.
     For me, birds represent adventure and freedom. And birdcages should be a temporary billet for them to rest. I love birds and seeing them fly together.
    The river taxi is an excellent element on the river, but we didn't get a chance to ride. There are numerous restaurants by the Riverfront, a great place to dine in. The park is great for walking and a quiet place to read a book. I would like to go back here and spend more time. I bet the sunset is lovely out here.
     The Tubman Garrett Riverfront Park was busy with some weekend activities. I read at the park memorial that Wilmington has a rich history of slavery. The South Market Street Bridge on the Riverfront also has its own history.

     Before we headed back to New York, we had a buffet lunch at a Japanese restaurant and ice cream to cool us off after walking.
      Our trip to Delaware was short yet a good one. I had a nice weekend with my friend and had enjoyed another beautiful place.




 


 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment