About Me

My photo
Lia is a passionate flight attendant. A simple woman who appreciates and finds joy in simple things. She loves sunset, sunflowers, and books. She lives her best life with grace, gratitude, happiness, and strength. Her life has many beautiful journeys. Lia volunteers and catches up with her writing hobby when she's not flying.

On Travels and Photos

About this blog . . .

I set a goal in October 2014 to finish exploring all 50 States before my birthday in September 2015. I've traveled some of the states before I came to the US as an immigrant, and I want to continue doing it. I am very grateful to have my dream job as a Flight Attendant, and more than grateful to enjoy the travel benefits in pursuing my passion to travel.

Taking photos is a crucial part of my travels. Images are memories that last. They bring us back to places and experiences we want to remember. I will be sharing few favorite photos, and few good stuff to reconnect with them.

Thank you, to all of you who were with me on my travels.


Join me on my wonderful journey . . . . .



Friday, September 4, 2015

My Last Frontier . . . Nebraska!

    
     I jumped with joy in Omaha, Nebraska. Finally, I made it!
            
     It has always been my wish to see a sunflower plantation on my travels, but I have never found one. So I was glad to have found at least a sunflower arch in Omaha. I believe it was meant for me!


     I love small quiet towns. I love parks. I love fountains. I love markets. They all have these in Omaha. The Heartland of America Park is a beautiful quiet place to spend the day. The fountain is a relaxing attraction. It is a place for walking, jogging, reading, or simply sitting on the grass and watching ducks and birds. 

     I spent some time watching ducks and birds that afternoon. I enjoyed the view and splash of the fountain.

     Shopping is not my thing. I only shop when I need to and see the good stuff that I like. On my travels, I always look for a market that has local products. The "Old Market" in Omaha has some nice stores, and I found something that I like and bought - a "Love & Kindness" bracelet. Across from the store where I purchased the bracelet was a chocolate shop. This lady standing by the door gave me a piece of her chocolate and encouraged me to buy it at the store. Isn't it amazing that I received an act of kindness from a stranger when I purchased the bracelet? Was it a coincidence, or did my bracelet work right away?

     The "Old Market" has great restaurants, but I chose to dine at "Spaghetti Works" because I love spaghetti! The place was unique, and they had good food.

     After dinner, I strolled downtown and climbed the high pedestrian bridge on Missouri Riverfront. There  . . . .  I jumped! I saw the historical site of Lewis & Clark Landing. I had a glimpse of the early moon and a little sunset. I had a magnificent view of the lighted bridge and the "River of Hope" while I enjoyed a turtle cheesecake with my coffee.

     These are great things to end my day and a beautiful state to complete my 50 States journey.

    
* * * * * *


     Thank you to all of you who were with me on my travels. I am grateful for this opportunity.

     There is no perfect travel. Imperfections are lessons learned. Experiences make us who we are.

     I have beautiful memories. I have created my own stories. I have written them in my book of life.

It was indeed an amazing journey!

                                         - -  Lia - -







No comments:

Post a Comment